Meet the Maker
*~*~* Rose Mills is a tree hugging dirt worshipper; wildcrafter; plant whisperer; collector of books; guardian of her family's galaxy (Twitter bio.) *~*~*
Hi! I'm Rose, the owner/brains/hands/everything behind Crow & Nettle Apothecary. Here's a few things about me:
- Goonies Never Say Die.
- Yes, I wear two watches: the pretty one tells me the time and the other tracks my hikes/bikes,time/date, steps, HR.
- I've been making soap since 2013, and an actual licensed business since 2016. My fav bar of soap would be any of the scrubby, exfoliating ones.
- When not soaping/businessing/"moming" (I have an 11 yr old and a husband who is like my 2nd child), I'm either hiking/backpacking/camping or planning our next trips, or curled up in my reading chair with a pile of books and my pup snuggled next to me. Does anyone else read multiple books at the same time?
- Fries. Fries all day. Fries on a desert island. Fries before guys.
- Dre, Snoop, 2Pac, Lady Gaga, Godsmack, Shinedown, Doja Cat, Hamilton Soundtrack.
- I love dandelions, lavender, plantain and collect rocks, pinecones, feathers and shells. I hug trees. I could stare at Mt. Rainier all day and still be in awe of her magnificence.
- While Crow & Nettle was created in 2016, the idea began during a nettle harvest on Vashon Island, WA in 2014. I wanted to blend my studies of wildcrafting into organically created products without harsh chemicals or preservatives. Being able to control ingredients and utilizing organic when available is what makes using local, handcrafted goods so exquisite.
- Crow & Nettle Apothecary uses high quality ingredients to make small batches of cold-process soap. Handcrafted and poured from my workshop at 11912 218th Avenue Ct E, Bonney Lake WA 98391. Contact me at email@example.com